Our Meticulous Process
It all starts with Science
Many people have asked how HUNA goes about creating new botanical skin wonders. Well, we’re not about to give away all of our secrets, but we can tell you that all of our formulations begin with a specific skin health problem to solve, followed by hours of R&D, where our methodology includes extensive research in the areas of botanical science, herbal medicine, human nutrition, and dermal health.
Then its back to the Huna Lab…
After research is concluded, we move our work back to the Huna Labs where the real work begins- formulating an actual product and several (many!) rounds of testing and reformulating. Once we’re finally satisfied with a new HUNA Skin Nutrition product, we take it to our panel of human product testers as we never test our products on animals. Most products will go back into R&D to refine based on feedback from our human product tester panel, before moving on to further internal and external testing, qualifications, and quality assurances.
Our strict quality standards
We have created internal standards and qualifications to ensure all Huna products embrace the concept of healthy, mindful + conscious-living. That means all of our products are created to be:
- Biodegradable formulations
- Earth-kind packaging with recyclable glass and aluminum
- Ethically + sustainably-sourced ingredients
- Organic, minimally-processed or unrefined (wherever possible)
- Cruelty-free (absolutely no animal testing)
- Human-safe using healthy, 100% natural-sourced ingredients
- Effective, formulated with purpose, and rooted in science
All HUNA products are professionally expert crafted in small batches at our Huna Labs located at the Huna Farm, in beautiful British Columbia, Canada. HUNA only uses ethically and sustainably-sourced natural and organic fresh ingredients. Whatever ingredients we are not able to grow ourselves or source locally within Canada, we source globally ensuring strict compliance to our own ethical, sustainable, and fair-trade standards. HUNA Skin Nutrition Skincare is natural, organic, plant-based, vegan and vegetarian, biodegradable, sustainable, GMO-free, Gluten-free, and Certified cruelty-free.
HUNA Skin Nutrition products are formulated by HUNA Founder Heather Urquhart, Botanist, Herbalist and professional Natural Cosmetic Formulator. HUNA products are crafted using fresh organic, natural, and active plant-based ingredients. Certified Cruelty-free. Biodegradable. Gluten-free. GMO-free.
Huna skincare is high-performance and formulated to be safe and effective. Huna is entirely free from:
- Synthetic chemicals
- Irritating or potentially-harmful preservatives
- GM (Genetically Modified) ingredients
- Artificial colours or fragrances
- Potentially-harmful or toxic ingredients which may be damaging to your skin, health, or the environment